Become a Member
Introducing Whitsundays Marketing and Development
Whitsundays Marketing and Development Limited (WMDL) is our region's new tourism marketing and economic development agency. WMDL is committed to our region's growth through attracting new business, investment and infrastructure, and marketing our region to visitors and potential new residents.
WMDL was formed in 2012 by the merger of Enterprise Whitsundays and Tourism Whitsundays to form one economic development and destination marketing agency for the Whitsundays region. The Whitsundays is a very diverse region, with several strong industries spread across a broad landscape and there will be a huge advantage to the region having the one board focused on coordinating and growing these industries for the benefit of our communities.
WMDL will focus on the key areas of:
- Tourism marketing
- Destination development
- Investment attraction
- Policy, advocacy and leadership
- Advice, information and services
Our vision is that the Whitsundays be globally recognised as a vibrant, progressive community in which to live, work, play and invest with a regional economy that is diverse, sustainable and delivering long term benefits for the Whitsundays community.The strategies to achieve this vision are in our Strategic Plan, supported by tourism and economic development plans.
Why partnership is important
To the Whitsundays
- The region's diverse industries will be unified under one promotional organisation representing their interests.
- A team focused on identifying, developing and instigating projects which seize strategic planning opportunities and initiatives providing tangible outcomes for all partners.
- Unifying extensive marketing programs which promote the region for investment, visitation and liveability.
To you and your business
The opportunity to be part of a strong regional network promoting the aspirations of the regional community, business, trade, organisations and people.
Increased awareness, understanding and knowledge of projects, activities and issues facing the region through a range of regular publications and communications.
The opportunity to work collectively within your own industry sector to market the region to relevant stakeholders.
Marketing opportunities to further promote your own business.
Tourism related businesses can work collectively with each other and Whitsundays Marketing and Development to generate extensive tourism marketing campaigns throughout Australia and the world.
To Whitsundays Marketing and Development
- Income generated from partnerships helps finance marketing and development activities, research and projects, as well as leveraging other grant and funding opportunities.
- Whitsundays Marketing and Development's representation of a large cross section of the business community achieves greater recognition in its negotiations and lobbying.
Click here to download the Tourism and Business Events Partnership Prospectus
Click here to download the supplement - 'What do we do?'
Contact Whitsundays Marketing and Development Partnership Manager for more information
Greg France (07) 4948 5916