Thinking about asking that someone special to be your lifetime Valentine? We’ve listed the best spots to guarantee you get the YES you’re looking for.
1. Heart Reef – Obviously! Whilst promising your heart to another for life, why not fly over our world-renowned Heart Reef. Take a once in a lifetime helicopter flight over Heart Reef, enjoy an afternoon of snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef before whipping out the champagne and asking the big question.
Photo credit: @goodmorningworld
2. Lake Proserpine Sunset – A locals favourite spot for some of the best sunsets in the Whitsundays! Impress your loved one with your fishing and cooking skills, how can they say no after whipping up a freshly cooked barramundi dinner? Don’t forget to pack the champas and get on bended knee - let’s do this!
Photo credit: @ridtidecreative
3. Tuk Tuk – Sit back take in the sights and sounds of Airlie, let the Tuk Tuks guide you around on a progressive dinner, enjoying dinner and drinks at some of Airlie’s best bars and restaurants. Don’t be the only one sweating...
4. Whitehaven Beach & the Hill Inlet – Take the special someone in your life on a long walk on the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, drop to one knee on the softest whitest silica sand in the world. Or take an easy bush walk to take in the breathtaking views over Whitehaven and Hill Inlet while you ask the biggest question of your life! What a story to tell the grandkids!
5. One Tree Hill For some of the most scenic views of the Whitsunday Islands, head over to Hamilton Island, grab a buggy and dive up to One Tree Hill – distract your loved one with incredible views they’ll never see the ring coming!
6. Rose Bay Beach, a rose for a rose! Rose Bay in Bowen has some of the most spectacular secluded spots to pop the question, have your special question written in the sand and surprise them with the ultimate declaration of love!
7. Bareboating / Sailing the Whitsundays – Make a weekend celebration out of your new engagement! While sitting on the back deck taking in all the colours of a beautiful Whitsunday sunset ask that someone special the big question! Best part - there’s no phone service so you don’t have to compete with the ring selfie for attention.
Photo credit: 1. @thesailingyogi 2. @insta.bobbi
8. Cedar Creek Falls nestled in the Conway National Park, climb to the top of the falls for a locals only spa then walk back down for a special private picnic on the rocks before pulling out a rock of your own to get the big YES.
9. Hydeaway Bay – Surprise that special person in your life with a short drive out of Airlie Beach to the secluded Whitsundays beach of Hydeaway Bay. Unpack your picnic on the remarkable sandy beaches of Hydeaway Bay. Truly one of the most magically spots to catch a warm Whitsundays beach sunset.
10. Sunset cruise – Sunsets on the water in the warm Whitsundays what magical way to start your forever. Organise a special sunset cruise for the lucky person in your life, while watching the sun dip behind the Whitsunday islands dip to one knee and ask the question you’ve been dying to ask!
11. Island Resort - picture this… warm tropical island paradise, you and your someone special, rose petals on the bed… drinks on arrival, a big ring… I’d say yes!
Cover photo credit: @ashhpaterson